andrewz-EDCI338

Blog Post #5 PLN in Practice

• HOW WOULD YOU CREATE A PLN PRIOR TO ENGAGING A SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN ON A TOPIC OF YOUR CHOICE? 

One of my hobbies is to take photos of everything. To engage in social media campaign, I would like to post my fine photos on Instagram, twitter, group chats, or even a WeChat photo booth. In all above communities, I could share my works, but also learn from other people. In the communities of photographing, I am just a nobody. There always better people with better techniques, better equipment’s. Yet, I am not there to compete, I seek simple techniques from the professionals, to make my hobby more enjoyable.

• HOW YOU WOULD CRATE A SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN LEVERAGING YOUR PLN?

To leveraging my PLN on photographing, I will share my work to platforms that are not relate to photographs. I have picked some photos and made a “PHOTO COLLAGE” post on this site, feel free to check it out. I also suggested many of my photos to our university’s Chinese student Association, to use them as poster backgrounds, flyer, and even new student manuals. Besides that, I like to engage in Hashtags on Instagram, some Hashtag were created by all kind of companies, and if they like your photo, they will use it as there own propaganda. Even though I am not professional on photographing, but you never know who’s work they like. The goal for Hashtag is to be involved, and also to leveraging my PLN. One other thing I like to do is write restaurant reviews on Google map. Taking photos of food is delightful, and sharing them on Google publicly is another kind of experience. I feel wonderful when people liked or replied my reviews.

1. LivAktiv October 24, 2021

HI Andrews,

Photography is such a neat hobby and I think you choose a great way to leverage your PLN through sharing your work. As you said “you never know who’s work they like”, it’s an excellent way of thinking for marketing.